The Professor Vassya Bankova Award
For Best Young Researcher into Propolis
WHY THE BANKOVA AWARD
Professor Vassya Bankova’s name is known around the world as the leading researcher into the chemistry of propolis. Vassya has published over 200 papers on propolis over a period of 45 years. She has received awards in many countries for her acknowledged expertise, including the Elsevier Award for excellence in Global Research. This award recognised Vassya’s achievement in developing the uniquely talented and innovative research group at the Institute of Organic Chemistry with Centre of Phytochemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, in her native Sofia, Bulgaria. Professor Bankova is a founder member of the International Propolis Research Group
WHAT THE AWARD MEANS
- The Bankova Award offers the winning young researcher the opportunity to present their paper at the next IPRG conference wherever it is in the world.
- The Award will cover the following expenses - registration, agreed accommodation and travel.
- The winning researcher will also be recognised at the IPRG conference dinner.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE AWARD
- The Award is open to any young person - 35 years old or under - anywhere in the world who is presenting an abstract or poster for the IPRG conference.
- The abstract or poster submitted may explore any aspect of propolis research whether it be its role in the beehive or its chemistry, pharmacology, or therapeutic use.
HOW TO APPLY
- First - submit your abstract or poster in the usual way for consideration by the Scientific Board of the IPRG.
- Second - email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of your abstract or poster with a note telling us briefly ( no more than 100 words) about your interest in and work with propolis.
- Please also send us your curriculum vitae ( no more than one side of A4 please)
DEADLINE FOR THE 2023 AWARD APPLICATIONS
To apply for the award to attend this year’s conference in Istanbul please let us have your application by 12.00 noon UK time on October 15th, 2023. We will let you know the results by 30th October 2023.
If you are young and share our common interest in and passion for propolis please apply for this Award.